Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!

Go down 
+3
Janice
abrahammy
firecracker
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:41 pm

From The Clack House:

Skechers did some longass conference call today to talk about their quarterly earnings or something and...

Quote :
With an existing small account base, and a fresh approach to junior sneakers we believe these brands will benefit from our logistics and marketing expertise. Our approach to marketing remains highly visible, consistent, focused and aggressive. We recently signed the new American Idol winner David Cook to an 18-months marketing agreement for Skechers footwear print ads, billboard, Kiosks and in-store visuals. We are excited about the photo shoot later this week and look forward to the new ads.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:45 pm

Ooooh, good pictures coming!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:02 pm

YES! I can't wait to see all the Skechers ads!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:58 pm

These are totally hot..................

David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Davidwater

David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Molhado
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 5:47 am

Yes they are! Too bad we will not see that move again. He got in trouble for shorting out his ear piece and he could have gotten hurt so TPTB said no more of that!

Thanks for bringing those here so I can have another look! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:40 am

Snort. No more being an actual rock star, David, you just play one on TV. Hmpf. (Let the man do his thing!)

But I guess it's all gotten so electronic the spontanaety is going out of it?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:56 am

Yeah, I wish he could just do his thing Laughing But if the concerns are for his safety that is cool. However my guess is they were more upset about the cost to get him a new ear monitor Rolling Eyes Lord knows they do the Idol tour on the cheap. Though I will admit the light display DC gets is probably more effort than I have ever seen them put into a stage/show.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:30 am

Really great radio interview with DC here!

http://ondemand.streamtheworld.com/chum/

The producer for his CD is Rob Cavallo!! He has produced CDs for Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Goo Goo Dolls, and Dave Mathews Band! Gee, I think they are gonna let the boy rock!!!

More good stuff!

Billboard also confirms it amongst some other stuff..

David Cook Promises 'Twists, Turns' On Debut CD

Quote :
Even though he's busy on the road with the American Idols Live! tour, reigning champ David Cook says he's making good progress on his debut album. "I think we've for sure got seven songs we're tracking," Cook tells Billboard.com. "We're gonna try to get to around 20 I think, and work it out from there."

Cook's album, which he hopes to release in November via 19 Recordings/Arista, is being helmed by Rob Cavallo in Los Angeles. Cook has been writing material for the set, and his collaborators so far include Collective Soul's Ed Roland, Our Lady Peace's Raine Maida, John Fields and Kara DioGuardi.

"I really just try to get into these creative processes with some different minds and see what happens, and so far the results have been great," Cook says. "I don't really feel like I've had a fruitless writing session yet."

He recently flew back to Los Angeles during a couple of off days from the Idols tour to do some recording and says what he heard is "definitely heading down the right path. I just want the record to be both eclectic and cohesive and have something to say. The music is rock and it's pretty undeniably me, which I'm pretty excited about." He adds that he also wants the album to have "room to meander" stylistically and promises that "there's gonna be some interesting twists and turns ... that will keep people interested."

Cook certainly has reason to be optimistic. After his "American Idol" victory in May he placed a record 10 of his "Idol" performances plus his first single, "The Time of My Life," on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, with a total of 944,000 first-week downloads.

That's given him a formidable repertoire for the Idols tour -- where he's sporting a rubber bracelet bearing the legend "David Is My Idol."

"It's actually a David Archuleta wristband," Cook says with a laugh, explaining that it was given to him in Salt Lake City by a fan of the teenage "Idol" runner-up. "I'm actually a pretty big Archuleta fan. I think he's a fantastic performer and, more importantly, a good human being. So it's just a little way to show some support."
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:35 pm

Quote :
That's given him a formidable repertoire for the Idols tour -- where he's sporting a rubber bracelet bearing the legend "David Is My Idol."

"It's actually a David Archuleta wristband," Cook says with a laugh, explaining that it was given to him in Salt Lake City by a fan of the teenage "Idol" runner-up. "I'm actually a pretty big Archuleta fan. I think he's a fantastic performer and, more importantly, a good human being. So it's just a little way to show some support."

I love it that David Cook does things like this.

Much though I find Archuleta to represent many of the things I detest artistically, I know he is just a kid (however old he is, he seems about 12). That David Cook is rooting for him is just so lovely.

In fact the only bad thing I see about David Cook is that he is dating Kimberly Caldwell, and I really have no good reason to have judged her as a skeevy skank. So may they be happy ever after and be good for each other.

[[or may he wise up and get a non-skank]]
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:41 pm

Yeah, I'm rooting for getting a non-skank Twisted Evil I just cannot seem to like the girl. She seems hard to me and way into herself. I could be completely wrong though.

Yes, DC does some really sweet things! He truly cares for Archie (who is 17 but really does come across as 12) and is acting very much the big brother to him. I think that is good for Archie (who only has younger sisters). Hopefully DC is a good sounding board for Archie in the event that his Dad causes him some grief.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:30 am

Quote :
TORONTO - He barely registered on "American Idol" until he cut his hair and sang "Hello."

From then on, David Cook was the unlikely dark horse who reinvented hits from the '80s and '90s to the delight of his female fans, in the end trouncing teenage phenom David Archuleta in a landslide upset.

Cook and his fellow Top 10 competitors arrive in Toronto on Saturday, and it turns out that the emo-balladeer has a musical idol of his own - Canadian singer-songwriter Raine Maida.

Cook says he's long been a fan of the Our Lady Peace singer and requested a meeting with Maida when it came time to hash out material for his "Idol"-funded solo release.

"The songs that we wrote were, in my opinion, some of the strongest that we've done for this record," Cook says by phone from a recent tour stop in Detroit.

"I'm very pleased with how it turned out and I'm actually hoping to get together with him again before the record gets released and try to write some more."

Cook notes that Maida's edgy rock sound is very much in line with the type of material he hopes to put out himself. Other rockers he's written with include Ed Roland from Collective Soul and Zac Maloy from the Nixons.

"I wanted to write with people that I admired and respected and people that I thought could tune into the kind of vibe that I wanted. Raine's definitely one of those people," he says of the L.A. writing session, in which he also met Maida's wife, songstress Chantal Kreviazuk, and their sons.

"I put his name on a list, I turned that list in and next thing I know he was on the schedule. With it being my first session I remember being just really nervous because you always have that kind of anxiety, this person I look up to - 'Are they going to be nice?' ... And in the first 15 seconds he completely put me at ease. He's the most unassuming, down-to-earth person I think I've ever met."

Cook, who chose the Our Lady Peace song "Innocent" for his Top 8 performance, says he hopes to release the disc in the fall, and follow it up with another tour.

During the Idol competition, the 25-year-old singer distinguished himself from the pack with a harder rock sound and a breathy delivery that made his female fans swoon.

Unconventional arrangements of '80s and '90s classics including Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean," Mariah Carey's "Always Be My Baby," and Lionel Richie's "Hello" earned him glowing reviews from judges Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell.

Cook's alt-rock performance of "Billie Jean," was actually a Chris Cornell arrangement, but the Idol champ lays claim to unique interpretations of "Always Be My Baby" and "Hello," which came in at week 3 as he entered the Top 16.

Cook says his guitar-driven emo version of "Hello" started out as an inside joke with his buddies back home in Tulsa, Okla.

"We always joked around that that would be a great power ballad. And then I had the first two weeks where I kind of stumbled over myself a little bit, was just trying to find my footing and I really walked into that third week, and was just like...'I'm just going to have fun with this song - I'll do it.' "

The judges loved his rendition, and in many ways, that off-beat approach set the tone for Cook's gradual climb to the top.

Cook says he's going for similar musical surprises when he releases his solo album later this year.

"It's a rock record but in my opinion it's not the standard 'one-four-five' pop chord progression rock," he insists, noting the lyrics deal with "themes of love and displacement, being unsure and all those kind of vibes."

"I wanted there to be some room on this record to meander and do some interesting things that make a listener want to pay attention."
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:03 am

From an article about Luke Menard:

http://www.thepaper24-7.com/main.asp?SectionID=23&SubSectionID=22&ArticleID=16865

Quote :
Also on stage Saturday was an electric guitar signed by this year's 'American Idol' Top 10, which will be raffled off to the public.

"When the Top 10 heard I had cancer, they wanted to do something and this is what they came up with," Luke said.

He added that he'd received a text message from 'Idol' winner David Cook shortly before the concert promising to match whatever amount the guitar brings in.

"He's a cool guy - and he's a rich guy. I'm glad I met him when I did," Menard joked, adding that Cook "really isn't in it for the money, trust me."

I love DC I love you
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:51 am

My sweet DC will be a part of the "Stand-up For Cancer" televised special!

http://in.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idINSP25994520080729

Quote :
LOS ANGELES (Reuters Life!) - Hollywood A-listers including Meryl Streep and Charlize Theron, sports star Lance Armstrong and "American Idol" winner David Cook will "stand up" to battle cancer in a rare television fundraiser next month, organizers said on Tuesday.

The event, "Stand Up to Cancer," will air simultaneously and commercial-free on three rival U.S. TV networks -- ABC, CBS and NBC -- during prime-time hours, and organizers hope to raise millions of dollars to fight the disease.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:01 am

David Cook Making Progress On Debut Album

July 29, 2008 12:06 p.m. EST

Quote :
Jennifer Tormo - Celebrity News Service

Hollywood, CA (CNS) - This year's "American Idol" champ David Cook has had a busy few months.

He's currently touring with "American Idols Live!" and in the meantime, working on his debut album.

"I think we've for sure got seven songs we're tracking. We're gonna try to get to around 20 I think, and work it out from there," he told Billboard.com.

Cook's album is due out in November. He has collaborated with many of musical influences, including members of Collective Soul and Our Lady Peace.

"I really just try to get into these creative processes with some different minds and see what happens, and so far the results have been great. I don't really feel like I've had a fruitless writing session yet," he says.

Cook's fans can expect music characteristic of the rocker they got to know while watching "American Idol." He says the album is "definitely heading down the right path."

"I just want the record to be both eclectic and cohesive and have something to say. The music is rock and it's pretty undeniably me, which I'm pretty excited about."

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:10 pm

I have a friend in the Philippines who is beside herself with the news of DC's solo tour starting there!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:31 pm

Oh cool! She is so lucky to be among the first to see a solo concert! Be sure and report back to me how she liked it and what she thought of his songs.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 7:21 am

Nice interview with DC and it shows some of the other Idols and clips of the group numbers.

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Entertainment/Detail?contentId=7101268&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=7.5.1
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:25 pm

From Sweet Cookie's MySpace!

Quote :
From David's Official Myspace:

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hey guys...
Current mood: creative

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay in updates. It's been difficult finding the time to get a new Vlog put together, so I thought I'd write a quick blog instead. Smile

We just wrapped another successful show in Pittsburgh, PA. The crowds have been great. Very responsive. VERY loud. I love it.

We're neck deep in this record. Mr. Rob Cavallo is pushing all the right buttons and turning all the right knobs to make this record great. Just as importantly, I'm proud to announce the first addition to my band, Mr. Neal Tiemann (hereafter referred to as "Doctor"). Doctor was the chief songwriter/lead guitarist in MWK, the band I played with in Tulsa. He's one of my closest friends and I am absolutely stoked to have him on board.

We're putting the finishing touches on my brand new website. It will have a very cool facebook/myspace vibe to it, where you can put together your own space and interact with other fans. I think it could be a really cool way to interact with each other.

I want to address the CDs from my old band, Axium. Quite a few fans have brought these records to the shows, looking for signatures. While I am happy to oblige and am very grateful that so many have taken an interest in something I put my heart into for the bulk of my musical life, I am sad to hear both that the pricing of these records has been set at astronomical amounts purely for the sake of taking advantage of you guys who just want the music, and that the release and sale of these records was done without the consent of the chief songwriters involved in making those records. I can assure you that I play no part in the sale or distribution of these records, and neither condone nor back the people that are. Hell, we would've given you the music but a few years ago. Funny how things and people change...

Be sure to keep an ear to the ground, as we have to singles coming out from some of our friends. Mr. David Archuleta has a single coming out soon, and Ms. Kristy Lee has one coming soon too. So be sure to check those out and support them as well as you've done for me. Let's prove to everyone else that this was and continues to be the most talented season of AI yet.

Take care and see you on the road,
~D

Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:48 am

Sweet video here of DC feeling overwhelmed by the New Jersey crowd after they sang his hit song (Time of My Life) with him! The crowd really showed him the love let me tell you! And Holy Guyliner Batman!!!!!!!!!! (have I mentioned I love him??!)

http://iheardemsay.blogspot.com/2008/08/david-cook.html
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:07 am

Five Fun Facts about David Cook

Quote :
1. David Cook has a ''heartthrob'' tattoo on his chest, which he got after a Tulsa magazine dubbed him, "Tulsa's Newest Heartthrob." "My friends razzed me about [the magazine article]," he told PEOPLE. "And so [Heartthrob] became this nickname, and I just thought, Why not? It's a little heart."

2. "I found out that I could sing when I was really little," David Cook revealed on American Idol. "I was singing in the bathroom and I remember my mom coming in and saying, 'David, you actually have a decent voice.'" His mom, Beth Foraker, alerted Cook's elementary school music instructor Fredalyn Gentry, who gave Cook his first solo.

3. Calling himself a "jeans and T-shirt guy", David Cook has a practical approach to fashion. "You buy the Hanes 3-pack of T-shirts and that's three days of not having to do laundry," he told PEOPLE.

4. The "AC" on David Cook's guitar stands for his brothers, Adam (who is battling brain cancer) and Andrew. They "are my inspirations," Cook told PEOPLE. "So out of superstition, I put their initials on anything. It's a comfort, like packing your pillow on the road."

5. David Cook is "an expert television watcher," he said on American Idol. "I'm also fantastic at sleeping and eating…They're not talents so much as skills."
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:22 am

firecracker wrote:
Sweet video here of DC feeling overwhelmed by the New Jersey crowd after they sang his hit song (Time of My Life) with him! The crowd really showed him the love let me tell you! And Holy Guyliner Batman!!!!!!!!!! (have I mentioned I love him??!)

http://iheardemsay.blogspot.com/2008/08/david-cook.html

Holy Guyliner Batman is right!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:10 am

Yeah, I think Kim Caldwell is doing his make-up lately! affraid

I don't mind rock stars and their Guyliner - in fact I like it on a lot of them. I just think DC is looks amazing with it or just a little. But if he is having fun with it (and probably freaking out some of the usual AI audience Razz ) I say go for it DC!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 2:27 pm

David has made it to #3 on the AC chart!

4 3 DAVID COOK Time Of My Life 1848 1593 255 13.579
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:50 pm

Like the singing. Think he's a good winner. Not crazy about the guyliner.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 9:16 pm

Re-reading my post I see I goofed up what I meant to say which was that I think DC looks amazing WITHOUT the guyliner or with a little. I think it's a bit much right now, though it does not freak me out like all the eye make-up Clay was wearing during his Broadway run Razz . But me personally, I'd like DC to wear less of it. It looked perfect the night he won AI! He looked gorgeous that night!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next