Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!

Go down 
+3
Janice
abrahammy
firecracker
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:47 pm

http://www.tulsaworld.com/entertainment/spot/article.aspx?articleID=20080622_270_H1_hToPeo736357

Quote :

By CARY ASPINWALL World Scene Writer
6/22/2008
Last Modified: 6/22/2008 3:31 AM

To People, he's just another hot bachelor. To us, he's the man.

The waiting line to interview "American Idol" winner David Cook is now quite long, and a metro newspaper from his most recent place of residence doesn't rank near the top of the list these days.

Ahead on the list are US Weekly, People magazine (which just named Cook to its list of "hottest bachelors"), Rolling Stone, Larry King, coast-to-coast radio stations, Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel, Regis & Kelly, the Today Show.

It's been about a month since his slam-dunk, 12-million-vote victory on "American Idol," and Cook is still in high demand.

"I can maybe get you 10 or 15 minutes on the phone with him while he's in the car on his way somewhere," a publicist says.

He makes no promises, and wonders: "Can you e-mail questions instead?"

A few months back, Cook was just a Tulsa bartender-musician toying with the idea that "American Idol" could be his ticket to the rock-star success he'd always dreamed about. Some of his friends laughed when he told them he was going on the show. He didn't even plan on trying out at first, just tagged along to support his little brother.

But Cook's rocker style, gravelly
voice and switch-ups of classic songs struck a chord with fans during this season of "Idol." He morphed into a frontrunner and has been setting up shop on the Billboard charts ever since. Did anyone see that coming?

Cook reportedly text-messaged one of his Tulsa friends back in February, because he was excited about his first Tulsa World interview as a solo artist. He was witty, polite and asked to pass along a "hello" to a music writer and photographer he'd met back when he was playing with the Midwest Kings.

The publicist calls back, after canceling twice. "We can get you sometime in July, maybe."

They grow up so fast.

David Cook yawn

At our pre-arranged phone interview time, the phone rings. Another publicist: "We're running about 15 minutes behind."

Twenty minutes later: "He has an appointment. Can we do it at 1 p.m.?"

At 1 p.m. sharp, Cook is on the phone and laughing about how much has changed in the past few months. He's no longer a bartender trying to give away copies of his own album. He is headline news on gossip Web sites, snagging top spots on Billboard charts, peering at you from magazine covers at the checkout stand. Your "American Idol."

Cook's average day now lasts from about 7 a.m. to 10 or 11 p.m. with a packed schedule of interviews, rehearsals, song writing and studio work, and performances. As he's describing this, he lets out a giant, audible yawn over the phone. He is beyond tired.

"I had to schedule that, so " Cook jokes. "I would almost be willing to pay an exorbitant amount of money for a nap."

The work, he sees as fun. The celebrity stuff is weirding him out a bit.

"It's weird, because it sounds so cliche, but it's really the truth — I got into music to play music, so the whole celebrity aspect of it — I can see the absurdity," he says. "If it's what I've got to do to allow me to play music, then so be it."

Even if it means ending up on People magazine's list of this year's "hottest" bachelors?

"How absurd is that, honestly?" he says. "It's a bit unnerving. I mean, I'm honored and very appreciative. But I think if you ask my friends to describe me I don't know — I'm a goober, man. I'm a ham."

Beyond the Gray Snail

Even when Cook sneaked back to Tulsa a few weeks ago to hang out with some of his friends incognito, he learned life as a regular guy may be over, at least for now.

"We were eating dinner in the back room of the Celebrity Club (near 31st Street and Yale Avenue), because I wanted to take everybody out to dinner and say 'Thank you,' " he recalls. "And the waiters had to keep coming in and out of the room, so I guess some people saw when they opened the door that we were there, so they sort of crouched by the door and waited, and sort of bombarded us. They were really nice, though. But they totally got caught sneaking."

He does miss being able to hang out with friends as much as he'd like, driving around a town he knows and playing acoustic sets at the Gray Snail, he says.

"There's something very ethereal in that," he says. "There's something very romantic about the Midwest."

Not that he would trade any of his current success, considering he's recording a major-label album, getting the full Hollywood treatment and dating former Idol star Kimberly Caldwell ("She's amazing," he shares).

And he got to give "Little Miss Sunshine" an iPod.

Cook and cutie pie, A-list actress Abigail Breslin — star of "Little Miss Sunshine" — were booked on the same "Tonight Show with Jay Leno" episode a few weeks ago. He heard during her interview that she lost her iPod in New York. So a couple days later, he gave her a new one, because she had told him she was a huge "American Idol" fan, he says. She did not mention whether she rooted for him over runner-up David Archuleta, however.

Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:47 pm

David is looking for a girlfriend isn't he? Twisted Evil

Love your new avie! Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 5:39 am

Thank you! You should see the wide screen version that is my new desk top background! Twisted Evil Such a hottie!

He seems to be in love with Kim Caldwell Rolling Eyes Don't think he is looking for a new girlfriend right now No If he is where do I get in line? Wink He said he likes cougars Razz

I love that he got the little girl a new iPod! What a sweetie.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:23 am

Big jump for David on Hot AC. He moves to #14! He moves up 1 spot on CHR/POP and is still at #11 on AC, but just 56 spins behind Daughtry at #10.

Quote :
CHR/POP
41 38 DAVID COOK Time Of My Life 1056 890 166 5.202

HOT AC
20 14 DAVID COOK Time Of My Life 1854 1443 411 9.355

AC
12 11 DAVID COOK Time Of My Life 1245 875 370 7.033
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:54 am

DC was just amazing on The View today!!!

He looked beyond gorgeous and his acoustic version of TOML was so beautiful I had tears and goosebumps! Used to be only Clay could do that to me! Laughing I love this man I love you What a talent!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:36 pm

Here is a vid of DC sing "Living On A Prayer" that big event this weekend "Taste for the Cure". It is beyond amazing! Just WOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDwj_yEoTTM

Here is the interview from The View!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESvzrXRBVeA
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:44 pm

Have the winner and runnerup always done so many shows/interviews together? Sometimes it's too much to have them both always together. If it was just DC, he'd get more time!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:01 pm

DC has done appearances alone - like Leno twice and Jimmy Kimmel and Regis and Kelly and Mike and Juliet to name a few.

But Clay and Ruben did a TON of interviews together. A lot of people felt it was because Ruben is not a good interview alone (and he is not, too laid back and one word answers) and Clay was the talkative funny one. I think it is sort of the same way with the two Davids. Archie just giggles his way through interviews and Cookie provides a nice balance of adult and depth. Archie will probably get better as he gets older.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 10:30 pm

Here is DC's performance of "The World I Know" from "Taste for the Cure". Such a beautiful song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDgAWm2HGLc
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 5:23 pm

From The Clack House!

Quote :
YAAY!!! He overtook Daughtry AND Alicia!

And even better..

... Over on the Adult Contemporary radio airplay chart, "Time of My Life" by "American Idol" winner David Cook moves 13-11 in its fifth week on the chart. It's only the second single this year to take five weeks or less to rise to that position or higher -- only Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love" equaled the feat. The British singer's tune bowed at No. 21 back in April and then moved 18-15-12-10.

Go Cookie! The magic rainbow is flying!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 6:52 pm

The magic rainbow really is flying! What talent this year on Idol!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:16 pm

David and Disney!

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/2008/06/david-cook-does.html

David at Glamour party:

http://multipleverses.com/entertainmenthotlinewp/2008/06/26/david-cook-attends-glamour-party/
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 4:01 pm

DC's new Vlog!

It is funny and I love him!!! I love you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gq5uc-GJ5g
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 4:18 pm

That was very cute.................... He's really enjoying all this, and that's great. Thank you for bringing it here!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 4:18 pm

You are welcome! I love you
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 4:56 pm

CHR/POP
39 36 DAVID COOK Time Of My Life 1195 1045 150 6.913

HOT AC
17 14 DAVID COOK Time Of My Life 2204 1774 430 11.690

AC
11 9 DAVID COOK Time Of My Life 1466 1144 322 8.466
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 8:31 pm

Quote :
While American Idol winner and STAR Artist David Cook is on the road with the American Idols Live tour, he'll also be writing and recording his debut CD, and he's just gotten a nice offer of a collaboration from another STAR Artist. Last night in New York City, Goo Goo Dolls frontman Johnny Rzeznik told us that he's really hoping to collaborate with David on some songs. So why does the guy who wrote "Iris" want to write songs with the winner of a TV reality show? Johnny said, "'Cause he's real, he plays the guitar, he's got a cool voice, he seems like a regular guy, so...why not?"

I always LOVED Johnny! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:08 pm

A cute little pre-tour interview with DC and KLC! I love the end! He is so funny and cute!

http://www.americanidol.com/videos/index.xhtml?vid=1284&pcs=544

Current chart status:

CHR/POP
37 35 DAVID COOK Time Of My Life 1244 1081 163 7.261

HOT AC
14 12 DAVID COOK Time Of My Life 2319 1904 415 12.387

AC
11 9 DAVID COOK Time Of My Life 1514 1277 237 9.028
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 6:31 am

Bringing over concert info!

David's set list was:
Hello
Time of My Life
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
My Hero
Billie Jean

Quote :
Fan Re-cap

David Cook Seriously...it felt like the concert finally started once he came up and out of the floor singing HELLO. It was rather cute his eyes kept scanning over the stadium and he peered clear up to the very top seats that were full and you could tell that he was rather in awe of the size of the crowd. Of course that didn't stop him from wailing. It was nice to hear the whole rendition of the song played out after we only got a snippet on the show.

Then he did TIME OF MY LIFE - version was like how he did it on Jay Leno. He sounded like a pro and totally owned the song.

Next up - he talked about Reuben getting married and he sang "I don't want to miss a thing." The man's so freaking sexy when he sings he even makes a song that I usually find annoying sound fantastic.

He then told us that he got the greatest news today, that Adam's tumor had STOPPED GROWING! His 5th mystery song was "MY HERO." He came out w/ his electric guitar and seriously WAILED (he made his version that he did on Jay Leno look tame and controlled) - not only w/ the song but on the guitar, he was flinging picks all over the place, running over the entire stage. Seriously Nigel can eat his words when he said that he thinks Cook lacks personality in his performance. All he needed was to not have to worry about what cameras to look into and that man just owned the stage like any of your rock greats.

Then he ran away - much to our dismay. But he came back for a final encore of "Billie Jean." Of course he was amazing with it.

David wore a t-shirt under a black vest, dark jeans, and I believe his favorite boots. His hair was rather spiked up like it was during the final 2 night of Idol. He looked great and after weeks of performing his songs all over at interviews etc - he just sounded fantastic. Only problem - I was ready for him to kick in and start singing all of his songs from ANALOG HEART. Oh well - next time around we'll get him all to ourselves, I really hope that he gets to head out as the headliner when his new album comes out. If the reaction of the crowd is any indication of things to come - he's going to have a HUGE career. The men were wailing for him, pumping their arms in the air as much as the women were all screaming around them. The man has MAD mass appeal.

In the end - the folks who didn't really impress me all season still failed to impress me. If you're a rock fan and love the rockers - they all stepped up and sounded fantastic. I think Jason will get better as the show goes on, I think he was a little off w/ the mike thing. The show was still totally worth every penny. Go see it...you'll have oodles of fun It was Cookie Fantastic!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 6:56 am

Full video of DC singing "Billie Jean" from last night!

So freaking awesome there are no words!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygGU_DdiKNc

Some of "My Hero"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxvghHHhh-Q
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 7:01 am

What a great write up on the concert. We know DC will be a huge success.

I can't wait to watch these videos, but I want to wake up first!! Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 7:03 am

I will be gone most of the day, but anything I find when I get home I will bring here! I so wish I was going! He is just such an awesome talent!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 8:15 am

firecracker wrote:
Full video of DC singing "Billie Jean" from last night!

So freaking awesome there are no words!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygGU_DdiKNc

Some of "My Hero"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxvghHHhh-Q

David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Woohooawesome
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:04 am

Laughing I agree! So awesome!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 4:14 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK! Better videos!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5zpki_billie-jean_music

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5zp6d_myhero-glendale_music

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5zppm_hello-glendale_music

OMG! "Hello" is pure sex!!!!!!!!!! He is by far the best thing ever to come out of AI IMHO! God LOVE him!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!   David Cook - 2008 AI Winner! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Cook - 2008 AI Winner!
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next