Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I was thinking Jason Castro!

Go down 
+5
Luca
Green Eyez
firecracker
Sky
abrahammy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:49 pm

I hope you can find it again! It should be in your History files though.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:10 am

Found it: Time Magazine:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2008/top10/article/0,30583,1855948_1864127_1864132,00.html

He entered this year's American Idol season too shy to answer Ryan Seacrest's inane post-performance questions, which endeared him immediately to swooning girls and their moms. He played a mean guitar, and his wistful performances of "Over the Rainbow" and "Hallelujah" solidified his standing as the sensitive crooner in the competition. By the time he exited in fourth place, Castro, 21, had made dreadlocks family-friendly and ukuleles cool — even if we all promptly forgot about him because of those two dueling guys named David.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:35 am

WOW!!! This is a great thing!!! Except for the last line, because he has not been forgotten!!! I think it's cool that he was name worthy, regardles. Thank you for finding it again.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:12 am

I love it that that blurb was written by a fan who seems both delighted that Jason registered at all on the pop-culture Richter scale. There is nothing insulting about Jason himself, only about how the pop part may make him be forgotten.

I am still waiting to see him in a proper smallish, but venerated, venue.

Not a shoe store (for any Constantine fans still around).
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Jason's going to be doing a concert with Patti LaBelle tomorrow night in Garland, Texas. He's listed as her "special guest" so maybe they'll do a duet.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:08 pm

Just back from the concert.

Newsflash.

He's releasing a version of White Christmas using the ukelele. Tuesday.

It's terrific. And who ever came up with this idea is just beyond clever. Brilliant marketing idea - to release a Christmas single that reminds casual Idol fans of one of his finest moments.

We also got a longer version of Halleluia. I am not sure he needs the backup band for that one.

It was an odd combination. I think I can be frank here about what I saw; I think Jason stills needs quite a bit of polish, and that's what Patti LaBelle has in spades, hearts, diamonds, and even jokers. However...

She, with her prodigious lung power, pretty much shatters glass. He's soothing and pleasant. I think it's just a matter of taste.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:32 am

How cool to hear about it from you!

It is a funny combo, but I actually really like both of them.

White Christmas on a uke sounds delightful!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:03 am

Eeek...........a release of White Christmas! Do you know where this will be released? I don't care if he needs polishing, I love his whole manner and soothing voice! Thank you so much for the brief review!

Just found out where.............

Quote :
Free download at amazon.com of white christmas, love Jason Castro for y'all on 12/15

http://www.amazon.com/White-Christmas/dp/B001NR8FN8/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1229219566&sr=8-15
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 12:31 am

The song is up and it's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/White-Christmas/dp/B001NR8FN8/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1229219566&sr=8-15
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 12:00 pm

Quote :
She, with her prodigious lung power, pretty much shatters glass. He's soothing and pleasant. I think it's just a matter of taste.

This is the problem I have with many singers like the Celine Dions. Too little just singing the damn song and too much belting and verbal acrobatics.

My cousin had this recording of Christina Aguilera singing "At Last". Now, unlike many of the young singer now, I believe Christina actually can sing, but she did so many verbal runs in the song that I wanted to throw the mp3 player through the window. That's not a song you mess with. Don't even get me started on freakin' Beyonce playing Etta James and singing "At Last" with all the emotion of popcorn.

Back on topic - thanks for the review Abrahammy and thanks for the link Sky!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:02 am

A You Tube video of Jason performing White Christmas at his church..... (make sure you watch the high quality video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKZsb0Jk8o8

Also on the page is a short video of his two Pastors having a little fun with Jason!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:48 am

Jason performing Hallelujah at the movie premeire of "Amar A Morir" in which he is on the movie soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEqszkV80wA

Another great article.........

http://www.independent.com/blogs/film-fest-2009/2009/jan/24/Jason-Castro/
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:37 pm

How cool that he is on the soundtrack! And how cool that he keeps on keeping on.

Thanks for the links!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I was thinking Jason Castro!
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12