Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I was thinking Jason Castro!

Go down 
+5
Luca
Green Eyez
firecracker
Sky
abrahammy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:44 am

Abrahammy keeps us all in support mode, so I will keep the faith until he's allowed to record again.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:16 pm

This is great. This is just great. Jason's marketing campaign is working. He's creating buzz for himself. Check this out. He's the Myspace Rising Star of the day.

http://celebrity.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=celebrity.risingstar
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:47 pm

Kim Locke not a big fan of AI7

Quote :
WCT: Of course, I have to ask about “American Idol.” What I want to know, though, is if you caught this past season [ which David Cook won ] ?

KL: I thought this past season was very boring. I was very unimpressed with most of the contestants.

WCT: I'm still wondering how Jason Castro made it to the final four.

KL: He's cute; that's all. He looks good in a pair of jeans—you gotta give it to him. But he was as dumb as a box of rocks.

WCT: Yeah, and that's usually how I like ‘em [ Locke laughs loudly: “I love that!” ] , but not on “AI.”
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:55 pm

Ha! I read that at The Clack House too. Well, I couldn't disagree with her more about AI7. For me it was the best since season 2. She is one to make fun of Jason when her career has her having her dress pulled off by two gay guys on a gay cruise Rolling Eyes Yeah, she is just so much better than Jason Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Oh, and it appears that she is going to be in Chicago's gay pride parade this weekend instead of her good friend's wedding Suspect
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:02 pm

Celebrity Fat Club...that is another of Kimberly's important credits.

And she calls Jason dumb as a rock?

Did she really say these things?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:12 pm

Yes, that is from an interview with Windy City Times.

I saw her on that Celebrity Fit Club show twice and she was whiny Rolling Eyes

I understand how Jason "appears" to maybe not be bright (even though we have learned better) but seriously, who is she to put down fellow AIers like that?? She is really losing fans because fans of other Idols are getting tired of her comments and games. I no longer care for her at all anymore.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:14 pm

lol! I really thought it was called Celebrity Fat Club.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:42 pm

I must say, I didn't remember her all that much and had to do some googling. How dare she say those things, what makes her so special?

Last edited by Sky on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:42 pm

Boy, some of these older Idols just don't seem to be showing a whole lot of class, are they? Look, I liked Season Two; I think it produced the most outstanding Final Three in AI history. But you know what? This season was pretty damned good. There were some AWESOME people in this group, and something happened this year that has never happened in the top 10 before.

No duds. Not one. There might have been some people who were weaker or stronger in relation to each other, as there is every year, but this year's scapegoats could, at any given time, knock it out of the park, down the road and into Kimberly Locke's self-satisfied window. Making us all quite Proud to Be An American in the process.

Not one Corey Clark. Not one Sanjaya. And calling Jason a dud didn't make him one, until he crumbled under the pressure, but that was not an issue of talent, any more than it was for Brooke. Below Kimberly Locke in her year was a great wasteland of mediocrity. Every single person in this group had at least one truly outstanding performance, and some of them had more than five or six.

Maybe Kim wants attention. Clay is having a baby, Ruben is getting married, Caldwell's got her fingers in the Cookie jar and Josh is a country star.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:26 am

To think I actually liked her. What a bitch.

Abrahammy is right. S1 there was boring Tamayra who Simon loved, and then Kelly, the bright shining star. Justin was good, but not in Kelly's league.

S2 had Ruben and Clay and then...ummm...yeah.

This season had a lot of people in the top ten who we were genuninely sad to see go. Until Brooke had the mental collapse, people were rooting for her and Michael Johns was hitting his stride when he went. Carly was really cool and very interesting and I was sad to see her go on her best week.

Of course there is Jason. I dare Kimberly to find a performance of hers that generated as much buzz as Jason Castro singing Hallelujah.

She's totally on my shit list now.

Celebrity Fat Club indeed. Heh. She was very whiny and superior.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:41 am

And the Castro myspace media blitz just keeps on going. He is ON this.

Quote :

...that is I...haha welcome to the space! you've caught me in a strange time...most of you probably know me from the show American Idol. i came in fourth place this last season and i am now on a nation wide tour playing in sold out arenas and i've never even released an album... isnt that rediculous?! haha so strange but i must say, its pretty fantastic! haha that is the amazing wonder of american idol, and that is where im at right now! traveling the country getting to meet all the lovely people who've had my back these last few months. yall are the best! Smile now some might ask, "what can we expect in the future?". well let me tell ya. for one, i hope to find somebody that can help me right a cool bio because i am no good at this. haha and for two, i plan on releasing an album sometime winter/spring. i am currently writing in my spare time and plan on devoting all my energy to it once the tour is done. it is safe to assume that, like every other musician, i am obsessed with music . i have a simple goal, and that is to create songs that grab you by the soul and make you feel! songs that inspire! songs that give joy! songs that make you DREAM!!! if you've read this far, thankyou. i cant say thank you enough. thank you for your support and all of the love you have shown me. you are my inspiration, and for you i pour my life into this. heart and soul baby! we're in this for life.

don't stop dreaming, never stop believing.

jasonnn.

And he sent us all this bulletin:
Quote :

i have more plays than friends today...
Body: i dont know what that means but its more plays than i have ever had in a day...that awesome! i just updated my bio section...it said coming soon for far to long now...haha its almost midnight and im about to start packing! im leaving tomorrow!!!! yayyyy i get to meet my tourbus Smile hehe im giddy like a little kiddy..ha so today, i did a video shoot for the American Idol Experience coming to Disney World!!!! this thing loooks sooooo coool i am so excited! you guys have no idea, just wait until you see what this things all about. anywaysssss i need to get to work.

goodnight!

jasonnn.

I don't know whether to hug him or sit down and start proofreading everything.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:32 am

LOL!!! Abrahammy, I thought the same thing. Let's go for the hugs, we can proofread later. Reading this reminded me of my nephew....I only say that because it's an attitude for that age.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:41 am

I am guessing capital letters and punctuation were not his strong suits. Or the various spelling of "to, too, two" Razz
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:00 am

Or "right" and "write".

I feel the same way as Abrahammy. Oy. Can teenagers spell anymore?

Look, my friend knows a 50 year old musician who has the same problem with punctuation and spelling. Maybe it's a musician thing.

Still, that he's so humble and appreciates his fans is so wonderful. It's nice to get behind an Idol who is working hard and knows the gift that Idol has given him and he's not wasting it or sitting on his ass waiting for the offers to pour in.

He's not going onto his own message boards to pump up his ego and calling his fans names and telling them to fuck off if they had the unmitigated gall to have an opinion. He's actually THANKING THEM. What a concept! It's almost like he realizes he wouldn't be anywhere without them. He also makes you feel like you're getting personal with him while still maintaining distance. Another wonderful concept.

All in all, I"m glad to be backing an American Idol who truly is one. Sounds like this guy will go far. Yay!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:42 pm

Green Eyez wrote:
Or "right" and "write".

I feel the same way as Abrahammy. Oy. Can teenagers spell anymore?

Look, my friend knows a 50 year old musician who has the same problem with punctuation and spelling. Maybe it's a musician thing.

Still, that he's so humble and appreciates his fans is so wonderful. It's nice to get behind an Idol who is working hard and knows the gift that Idol has given him and he's not wasting it or sitting on his ass waiting for the offers to pour in.

He's not going onto his own message boards to pump up his ego and calling his fans names and telling them to fuck off if they had the unmitigated gall to have an opinion. He's actually THANKING THEM. What a concept! It's almost like he realizes he wouldn't be anywhere without them. He also makes you feel like you're getting personal with him while still maintaining distance. Another wonderful concept.

All in all, I"m glad to be backing an American Idol who truly is one. Sounds like this guy will go far. Yay!

GE...........you said it exactly. I was just going to post almost the same thing, except you said it better. He knows how important the fans are to his singing career. He's not going to let the opportunity pass....he's very smart.

I think he's just not concerned with the spelling and just wants to get the messages out!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:48 pm

Thanks Sky. Yeah, he seems like a stream of consciousness writer. IT flows straight from his head and onto the keyboard which is kind of cool. You get that this is really what he's thinking at the time.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:45 pm

Also, he probably types them while in a big hurry and juggling other things. He's a good kid!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 11:00 pm

I did a few screen caps today.........they aren't great................but he's so cute..........

I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Jc
I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Jc10
I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Jc13
I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Jc14
I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Jc16
I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Jc3
I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Jc4
I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Jc7
I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Jc9

Last edited by Sky on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 11:04 pm

Some of those are really cute! He has such an expressive, unique face!
It just draws you in.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 1:02 am

Truly interesting face. He's so mesmerizing.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 1:08 am

Perfect word regarding his face: mesmerizing. Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:37 pm

I know I saw a quilt made for Jason by fans.........what site and does anyone have a pic of it?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:14 pm

This one?

I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Quiltoflove

From here?

http://www.americanidol.com/myidol/forums/topic/?tid=1008816
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:56 pm

Thank you. I knew I had seen a picture of it and couldn't remember where. Someone wanted to see it and I couldn't find a pic of it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:12 pm

You are welcome I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I was thinking Jason Castro!
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next