Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 8:36 am

Wow Aerwin, you put me to shame Embarassed I don't exercise anywhere near enough and I eat plenty of processed foods pale

I think that what you are experiencing is just from perimenopause. I have a list of the 35 symptoms of menopause and aches and pains is one of the most common. Sounds like you are taking excellent care of yourself though. That should help a lot with perimenopause and menopause!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 9:38 am

Ugh. I thought you would say that. That is what my sister says. I hate getting older. It bothers me. 35 symptoms? Kill me.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 9:43 am

Wow, Aerwin, I wish I had your motivation! Lately, I've just been a slug around here. I am gonna have to get back on the treadmill, and start eating healthier. I don't eat red meat, but I do eat fish, shellfish and chicken. I just don't eat enough fruits and veggies.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:24 pm

I feel achy and sore and stiff and TIRED a lot. I generally blame everything on perimenopause! And my hair is falling out! Aackk.

I also have fibromyalgia and I'm sure that contributes too.

I WAS exercising quite a bit in the past year, (treadmill, elliptical, bike and lifting weights), but haven't made the time lately. I play some tennis (and my knees make me pay after that). When I was at ACL for 3 days I walked for MILES literally. The volunteer shuttle dropped us off one mile from the volunteer check-in; they weren't allowed to get any closer. So after I had worked for 3 hours and then was at the festival all day, I then had to walk back to the shuttle. That explains the pain this week, I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
aerwin

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 6:17 am

I hate feeling this way though. I really do. Does it bother any of you about getting older? It does me. A lot. My sister does not worry . BTW my sister is my big motivator. She runs in marathons and wins in her age brackett. Also my cousins compete in triatthalons. so I am quite inadequate. .
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 7:19 am

Here is the site that list the 35 symptoms.

http://www.project-aware.org/Experience/symptoms.shtml

I think it is helpful to know all the things to watch for. It also eases my mind to know the reason for all the feelings I have.

The only thing I really hate about getting older is thinking about death more pale I never really used to think about it much. However, that is also a symptom.

I have to admit I am enjoying going months at a time without a period bounce It feels like freedom since mine came every 25 days and was heavy. So I am loving that part. I have been period free this time since early June! Considering how busy I was this summer with 8 and 9 daycare kids 4 days a week and helping out with my folks so much - it was a blessing!!

See, you need to find that silver lining Razz
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 1:18 pm

Abrahammy, to say you have the right to vent is putting it mildly. I'm glad you are feeling better. You're awesome.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 6:22 am

Thanks for the list FC. I guess that's it. I am still achy. I guess I will talk to the dr. I don't want to but. Unfortunately I still have my period. I do wish that would go away.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 9:28 am

I am 49 and still have my period. In fact last fall for a couple days a month I wouldn't be able to leave the house, it was that bad. They put me on a low-dose bc pill (Yaz - stupid name). and since then I've only had one episode. I still don't know why I had the one, but whatever. It has made my periods very light, although I can spot for a week. Fun. No white pants in my life.

Looking over that list of 35 symptoms made me feel a little better. I had an irregular heartbeat episode that lasted about an hour last Thursday. Scary. Just laid on the couch and told the kids I didn't feel good. Took a baby aspirin just in case. It stopped eventually. What I hate the most is that I used to be very athletic and now so much hurts and I feel like I'm losing control over my body. It just doesn't behave and feel the way I want it to!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:24 am

I have an interview for a real job (webmaster stuff) on Friday.
I need this one.

WIsh me luck!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:00 am

Wishing you all the luck in the world Frazz!!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 7:41 am

Wishing you all the luck..........you'll do great!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 10:57 am

Best of luck Ms. Frazz!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 8:28 pm

Looking forward to hearing how the interview went! I'm sure you knocked their socks off!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 10:08 am

Good Luck Frazz!

Does anyone like to read? I really want a new vampire or gothic book to read. I miss Anne rice books tremendously. I am sad she discontinued her vampire series. I don't want a romance vampire book . anyone?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 11:02 pm

I love to read, but have no books of that sort (or really any other at the moment) to recommend.

My interview was good, though it turns out they really want a Network Administrator more than a webmaster. I am keeping my hat in the ring, regardless, and boning up on things like routers and switches (don't ask). I can probably get a second interview (which won't happen for two or three weeks) by sending the guy I interviewed with updates on my more technical skills. It is the place i want to work at, more than the specific job (at my previous job at the art museum I did computer-fixing for a year before I got the web. This might well turn out the same if I can get them to hire me in the first place.) Currently they have an expensive outside firm that does the web design and functionality. I can take that over when the contract wears out if I can get in.

Meanwhile....I NEED A MONEY JOB!!! I AM WILLING TO WORK!!! Just thought I'd remind the cosmos of that.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 6:55 am

I'll pray every day that it works out for you! I had no idea you knew how to fix computers!! So cool!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 4:44 pm

Frazz, I do understand you and your techie talk! Sigh. One day I was talking to my friend who is very tech savvy. It was so nice not to have to change my wording to make her understand what I was saying!

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you Frazz!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 7:40 pm

I understand most of Frazzle's techie talk. I'm married to one. Dear Cosmos, please give Frazzle a job. She deserves good things.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 8:14 pm

I understand most of it too! I probably couldn't describe it well, but I understand it! Laughing I hope you get the job that you want..........keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 8:10 pm

Abrahammy, check your PMs I love you
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:19 am

Testing - one, two, three

testing - one, two, three!

Is this thing on? scratch

Where the hell is everybody??? Suspect

Luca, it's just you and me!! Let's party and wreck the joint bounce lol!

Come on ladies! Come out and play!

Where are you GE?? I watched Supernatural!!

Sky - I watched DWTS!!

Testing! Hello??
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:36 am

I heard you testing..................I'm here!!!

One day, on another board me and another poster got bored and redecorated with some cute gifs and another time we got bored we posted pics of a singer that no one really was into...........that one wasn't received well..... Neutral I don't think I should help anyone create havoc here...... Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:22 pm

Man, I have no clue how to redecorate a board No We should just fill the place with pix of Clay and JD!! In every thread!

I think I'll throw a party with drinks, dancing and guys and see if the others show up!!
Chitchat - Page 18 6

Chitchat - Page 18 4Chitchat - Page 18 2

Chitchat - Page 18 11Chitchat - Page 18 9
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 2:53 pm

lol! That's what we did! As long as it is someone everyone likes, but we did Lucas Rossi, and it made some people think the board had a virus or something! This board had a lot of threads and we hit them all. Too funny, well..... at least we thought it was funny, even though we cringed everytime we posted the pic. We ended up voluntarily removing them. It kind of took the 'wind out of our sails'. We have behaved since then.

I don't feel I know this board well enough to pull anything like that here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: