Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 11:01 pm

I think you are right to rewig her though. I love the color of the stock wig, but close up photos of it look kind of cheap. I think any of your beautiful wigs that have some browns in them would look smashing on her!
This one from JPOP would look so cute on her too!
Dolls - Page 22 F46b_1

So are you going to try out your pressure cooker tomorrow? Twisted Evil

Do you know if Shade's stock came with a vest?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 8:28 am

Oh that is a great wig!! I agree about her stock wig. It is a neat color but I know most of the stock wigs are on the cheap side, plus I really want a brunette girl since I have all shades of blonde, plus a redhead, purple and pink!

I don't know for sure about Shade having a vest. I got the coat, shoes, hat, pipe and paper from Lawdeda. Maybe socks too. I never got his suit. I mostly bought her partial stock for the brown shoes and coat to go with Clay's nice tan Ken suit. I guess we should look at his pix in his pictionary thread.

Kohls shipped the pressure cooker on Friday so I may get it Monday or Wednesday. I probably won't use it until after Weds. On New Year's Eve we always order take-out from our fave Italian restaurant (we stopped going out on New Year's Eve after the boys were born) and we are spending New Year's Day (otherwise known as Eric's birthday) at my folks and ordering Chinese. My dad really wants some Egg Foo Young even though he can probably only eat one patty. So I have no plans on cooking until Weds. I will probably look up some recipes today and print out so that when I go grocery shopping tomorrow I can buy some items so I can make something soon. I know that I need to carefully read the instructions first so as not to overcook or blow the food up!! Razz

Eric is going to go get my dad a Taco Bell pizza for his lunch today. That is one of the foods my dad said yesterday he has missed the most through all of this. The sun is shining today and it should be a fairly nice day. We have some very cold and kinda snowy days predicted for tomorrow and Tues. Eric doesn't have to go back to work until Weds., but Justin does have to work until 9:00 PM on New Year's Eve. I am just glad he doesn't have to work late when the drunks hit the road No I'll send him to work in the big conversion van - it's like driving a tank anyway!

The seller I bought Timulus's stock from sent me an email that she mailed it yesterday so I should get that this week! I look forward to after the holidays and getting everybody in different outfits and mating up the couples!!

Hope you have an awesome Sunday!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:00 am

Shade stock does have a vest.

Dolls - Page 22 Shadevest
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:14 am

Eeek! That is very helpful my laydee! Very helpful indeed! Wink

That is great no cooking for you for a few days! I am cooking today, but then will not cook for a few days either! We are going out for New Years this year. Some old horse friends we have'nt seen in a while are having a huge benefit for an elderly man who needs some help with some medical bills and she is having a deal with dinner, live music, auction etc. My hubby donated some art to it so we will definitely go. Alas, I have nothing to wear-so will go to the mall today to see if I can pick up a new top that is festive, but that I can wear to work too. I never have enough work clothes it seems. Rolling Eyes

That is so cute that Eric is going to bring your Dad his fav junk food lunch today. Your boys sound like the best kids! I love you

I am planning on doing a few cleaning projects today before I go get groceries, then go to the mall. It is another beautiful, sunny day today.

I wonder how long it will take Valerian and Malekai to get here from Canada? I think I paid 17.00 in shipping...I better go check the website and see if there is anymore info there.

Hope you have a great one yourself!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:47 am

That sounds like a fantastic New Year's event!! How cool that your hubby donated some artwork! I hope it fetches a pretty penny!

Both Eric and Justin are going to go today to get Taco Bell. Justin wants to see grandpa too! I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get themselves some tacos and spoil their dinner! Nah, they will eat anyway!

Have fun at the mall! I bet it will be crowded with after Xmas bargain hunters! I have a couple of things to return to Kohls and Wal-Mart, but I will do it Weds. when the return lines have had a chance to shorten Laughing It is always fun to get something new and festive! I bought a really pretty sparkly red sweater to wear on Xmas Eve. I felt I deserved something new to cheer me up since this was a rather stressful Xmas. Hey, any excuse right? santa It was on sale! Razz

TTYL~
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 8:59 pm

Well, I found a very cute outfit today. The pants were on sale...but, of course the top was'nt. But, I had to have it because it was so flattering. Do you like INC stuff? I can usually always find something of theirs I like.
For me, if clothes fit and make me look good and they are'nt really expensive, I'll usually buy them. Luckily, I have drastically cut back on my clothes shopping to fund my doll hobby and most of the time stuff does'nt fit when shopping with limited selection around here! Embarassed

Well, after fixing up Caprice's hair a bit and putting her in a beautiful dress... I have fallen in love with her all over again too! Oy, they just won't let me sell any of them! What is the deal???????? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Hubby is so funny and cute...is making a styrofoam gothic throne for Valerian...just priceless! I love you
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:11 pm

Oh yes! INC at Macy's has some really nice stuff! Congrats! I bet you will look awesome!

That is so cute that hubby is making a throne!! My hubby can make computers Razz I guess I would need nerdy dolls!

Can't wait to see Caprice's new do and outfit! I am so glad that you love them all again!

Sleep good and talk to you tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:27 pm

Yes, We'll see how the styrofoam throne looks painted. But, I guess that is how some movie props are made so maybe it will photograph ok...

Caprice has found a love connection with Julian. They are permanently attached I think from now on. Embarassed You understand how this crazy stuff goes...

Talk to you tomorrow! I have to work, but have New Years Day off!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 6:19 am

Ah, Caprice and Julian! A match made in Doll Heaven! I am sure they make a gorgeous couple!! I love you

Of course I understand how these "crazy things" go! Wink There are about to be 5 romances at my house!! Razz It will be interesting to see who falls for who!! Razz

Well, you have a great day at work! I have some shopping to do for Eric's birthday and some calls to make for my dad. BTW, he ate the middle of his Mexican Pizza and left the empty edges Laughing

First, I am off to look for a nude Prunella! Right, like there will be one out there already Rolling Eyes I'm so pathetic Embarassed I will do this everyday until I get one! Or come Mother's Day I will break down and get her in stock.

TTYL~
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:57 am

I bet you find one....you usually do! Twisted Evil

Well, better run off to work. I need to get off by 5:00 so we can leave by 7:00 for the party!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 9:28 am

Well, I do have good luck getting my nudies!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil But this one may be harder since everyone loves her so! I think Magma will be my best bet. I wish he had her now because he has a nude Butler for a great price and I could get them both at the same time and save a bundle on shipping. Oh well. What will be will be. Someday I will have them both. Must be patient (not my best virtue Evil or Very Mad )

As you know I have been trying to find something for Natalie to wear on her upcoming Valentine's Day nuptials. It has not been easy. I ordered a couple of items today and I hope I can pull it off. If not I will have to keep looking.

Since you will be working all day and than rushing to get ready and leave for your party, let me just say now that....

I wish you and yours the very Happiest of New Years! Much health, happiness and love!! Oh, and much BJD stuff!!

I love you! I love you Safe travels tonight!!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:32 pm

No party for me tonight. I am burned out on parties. My hubby and I are staying in with Netflix.
Have fun Luca!!
Are you telling me y'all don't eat peas and collards on New Year's day??! We must in the south. The peas are for change and collards for money you will have during the year.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:20 pm

Quote :
Are you telling me y'all don't eat peas and collards on New Year's day??! We must in the south. The peas are for change and collards for money you will have during the year.

Are you kidding? I am married to a Texan laydee! Need I say more?
It will be black-eyed peas and corn bread for us on New Years Day!
No greens though... they don't sell them around these parts! Very Happy

Happy New Year to everyone! bom drunken cheers
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 3:49 pm

I have never eaten or even seen black eyed peas or collard greens affraid

I think Chicago/Illinois tradition is pizza and football! Razz
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:11 am

firecracker wrote:
I have never eaten or even seen black eyed peas or collard greens affraid

Razz
Say wha?? Woman!!?? Collards are delicious. I swear I would eat them until I explode.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:19 am

I wonder if you can buy them in the farmlands of Illinois? scratch I'll go looking and if I can find them I will buy some and learn how to cook them and give them a try Very Happy I do like green veggies!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:49 am

Collards are really good, but an acquired taste I think. They are kind of bitter. Amirite Aerwin?

Well, the store was out of black eyed peas yesterday! Can you believe it?
I am bummed.

But, the good news is: I got Pru's new eyes yesterday! The ones I have been waiting forever for! And I put them in without too much difficulty last night! I like them a lot, but they look almost the same as her old ones! Shocked But, they look much better because there is more white to the eye and hopefully they will photograph so much better and not look like black holes unless the light is just right. Of course, klutz that I am, I lost one of her tiny freakin' eyelashes-so had to order some more of those again today... dayum, does the ordering and waiting on doll stuff ever end? Rolling Eyes

I better get my boy and fox tomorrow, and my refund for the face-up. So far it has'nt shown up on my Paypal account yet. I will give her until tomorrow and then start bugging her about it. It kind of chaps me because she has had my full payment since early in November and then two months later I wind up not getting the face-up I ordered and she has had my money all this time. The only reason I had to pay for it all up front rather than make payments was because of the custom face-up.

The doll hobby can be a frustrating one sometimes. I am planning on further frustrating myself by trying to make a doll dress today from a pattern I ordered on ebay...this should be interesting! Shocked pale
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:59 am

Oh no!! No black eyed peas! I guess a lot of people like them. I may have to check those out too. I remember hearing Clay talk to Tyra about collard greens being bitter.

I am glad you got Pru's new eyes! Can't wait to see them! Sorry about the lashes. I bet they are really small Shocked I am glad my Pullips take human size lashes so that I can find them if they fall out. I could not even imagine finding lashes that would fit my J-Dolls No They would have to be super tiny as their faces are not much bigger than a Barbie's face.

That really does stink about the paying upfront for the custom face and them having your money for 2 months only to not do the face-up. You should ask for interest on the refund. I am so leery off the BJD world Evil or Very Mad Just seems scary and frustrating to me - along with the expenses. I know once you get everything it will be worth it though. I honestly don't think I could handle the 2 month wait No

Hey - those pets are on ebay with a BIN of $350!!!!!!!!!!!!! You could always sell your fox to pay for your Sprite. Though I think your guy will be extra cool having his fox with him when time traveling!!

I see someone at Requiem Art is interested in your Uncan Shocked What will you do?? Still want to sell her?

Enjoy your day!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Quote :
Hey - those pets are on ebay with a BIN of $350!!!!!!!!!!!!! You could always sell your fox to pay for your Sprite. Though I think your guy will be extra cool having his fox with him when time traveling!!

I see someone at Requiem Art is interested in your Uncan What will you do?? Still want to sell her?
Really?/?? I think the fox will be too cute to sell, unfortunately, but it has crossed my mind! I think he is a good investment for sure... those pets are really popular and overpriced IMO!

On no! I don't know now if I want to sell her-...but it would mean my Sprite girl that I desperately want will be closer. I think I will probably wind up selling her if I can. Julian has 3 other lovelies to choose from... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 2:21 pm

Well, the gal over at requiem's just wanted a close-up, so could just be a looker... if she is a perfectionist she won't want the doll since the removal of some of her eyeshadow is not perfectly symmetrical up close...so you never know. I am fine with keeping her too-so we'll see what happens!

Here are some quickie shots of Pru with her new eyes...they do photograph a lot better than her other ones I think. I like the white wig a lot, but still think the blonde mix one looks the best on her of all of them. What do you think?

Dolls - Page 22 2155100161_46993b1cce
Dolls - Page 22 2155896518_2687e7a29c
Dolls - Page 22 2155897328_f94cd09188
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 4:51 pm

The eyes do look very similar, but these do photograph much nicer. Um, I don't know which wig I like on her better scratch I like them both. I think she looks great in the new white wig! She looks completely different in them. The darker blonde makes her look modern and like a "real girl", but the white one gives her an old world and even a fairy-like look. So I think I kind of like the white one better because of the persona it creates. If that makes any sense Laughing

Man, I am so stuffed from that huge meal I ended up making! I feel like a little pig ! Or a big one I should say Razz But man, that turkey breast was good! I used a Caribbean Jerk marinade and some nice spices. It also made the gravy really dark and super yummy! We made some good biscuits too! My boys MUST have some kind of bread with every dinner Rolling Eyes Eric ate pretty good considering not only is he not feeling his best, but Illinois is getting killed in The Rose Bowl Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 5:22 pm

Man, your dinner sounds like it was excellent! Glad Eric is bouncing back and eating...that is tough to be sick on your birthday!

Quote :
I think she looks great in the new white wig! She looks completely different in them. The darker blonde makes her look modern and like a "real girl", but the white one gives her an old world and even a fairy-like look. So I think I kind of like the white one better because of the persona it creates. If that makes any sense
ITA and know exactly what you mean! She does take on the fairy, fantasy girl persona with the white wig on...I think it is an adorable wig...especially considering I got it for 10.00! I like those kind of bargains!
I must say, I am very pleased with the eyes. Adding more white to the eye is much more pleasing to me and makes them much more striking.

Well, I better go get to work on my dress pattern...I have'nt even started it yet!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 5:31 pm

Yeah, it sucks because first his illness messed up his fun New Year's Eve plans, then it messed up his birthday plans Crying or Very sad But, the weather was so horrible last night and today that I am just glad we all got thru it safe and are staying warm today. The wind chill is terrible and is suppose to be even worse tomorrow.

Good luck with the dress!! I bet it will look wonderful! Can't wait to see it!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:39 pm

That is my last attempt at sewing from a pattern. It just is not my bag. I like altering and adding onto an already existing item, but sewing doll clothes from patterns is my idea of hell. affraid No

The gal from Requiem's site wanted me to do a hold until she gets paid on the 8th. I told her I don't do holds, so we will see if she comes through next week. I really am not all that excited about selling Caprice, but I really don't need 4 girls since I am keeping Willow. Julian looks really cute with Gaby too...she is stylin' in Caprice's stock with a few twists right now.

Did you notice Arya has a doll up for sale too on Flickr....
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 6:05 am

Well, I hope it all works out with the sale of Caprice. If she wants her bad enough she will buy her on the 8th.

Which doll is Arya selling? Shocked I wonder if it is Rida scratch She told me last week she had thought about selling one as she is getting another Blythe, but that she just couldn't part with any of "her family". I will see if I can find her on Flickr - I am not so good at that site Embarassed

I am so sorry that the dress didn't work out Crying or Very sad , but I can't sew worth a damn either so don't feel bad. I think that takes a special talent and you are great at altering and adding touches!!

Well, I am not going to my folks today. Mom cancelled her hair appointment because the windchill is negative 21 and she doesn't want me out on those long country roads in this weather in case the car were to have problems. Also my dad had a bad night and has some new issues so mom called the hospice nurse to come and check things out. Mom was back to sounding all discouraged again after sounding so upbeat yesterday.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: