Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+9
Janice
Sky
Green Eyez
firecracker
Luca
abrahammy
FrankiePants
austin
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:19 am

Okay, so I'm listening to C on the radio right now from Phoenix. He's in the studio. He's cute and, I guess the word is, affable - friendly and nice.

He sang Everybody Loves live and he sounded great. The best I've ever heard him sing it. The DJs were very complimentary and seem to really like him.

He bonded with one of the DJs because West Side Story is the favorite musical of both of them. Then they sang a little "Tonight" from WSS together. It was cute.

He spoke a little Spanish. He didn't go out last night and sat in his hotel room by himself all night.

He LOVES Chris Daughtry - it's his favorite album this year.

Next they're going to play some game.

More at 11.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 12:01 pm

West Side Story is my fave too! Gee, I have a CONnection (even thought I don't want one Razz )

Oh yeah, I am buying the alone in the room all night Rolling Eyes

Do you guys really believe him about Chris? My guess is he has to be a little envious of how Chris just blew up as the rocker from AI when Con and Bo were the first rockers on the show. I guess I always find myself wondering what is the truth when he speaks and what is said to make himself look good. I think the "alone in the hotel" is to counter the out with seven girls and trying to get the underage ones into clubs.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 12:11 pm

FC, I remembered it was Rori. I didn't know if everyone else would remember.

I definitely think he was just saying that about Chris. It was good PR.

See, he played the game so well or so long when he was on AI, before he was let loose in the world. He did the "I'm just a bad boy on stage" thing so well. Played the playful, bashful boy in interviews. We all fell for it. Including me. I just thought he was this sweet lovable guy who loved his mama.

So, he's good at the interview thing when he wants to be. I would say he's trying to clean up his reputation if he wasn't out with underage girls the other night.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 5:04 pm

C was in Phoenix last night, so I guess he didn't know anybody, so I think it's plausible that he was in. And I know that in Dallas last year that he stayed in by himself the second night he was there. So it's possible. lol

Maybe he didn't know where the high school was?

Actually those girls were under drinking age, but they weren't actually under 18; he's not THAT stupid I hope.

This is a pic from the interview this morning. I believe this girl is an intern at the station and has a crush on he who shall not be named and came to work in a wedding dress.
Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Thumb.php
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 5:18 pm

Abrahdeuce - he gave me a nickname once. I am not sure what brought that on, but he was trying to be nice at the time. I also know that he does indeed own and like Chris Daughtry's album. Greekboy descends and chats without notice sometimes. I've had him pop up in my mailbox unbidden at least five times - and really, it's always been pretty pleasant. He's also fussed at me at least twice - THAT was public. (There's one particularly infamous story last year when I was trying to find out what the devil was going on because his whole professional life was falling apart and he wouldn't fess up. I spoke to somebody who seemed to have some inside information, posted what I found out on the board, and BOY he LET ME HAVE IT. They called it "The Spanking" for a long time. Funny thing... a lot of what she said... was right.

I've met him in real life twice - one time he was extremely kind, and once he was terse and kind of reserved, like he was pressed for time or feeling pressured.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 5:33 pm

Holy crap.

It has just been confirmed that Constantine will be performing again this year at the Dallas Greek Festival, to be held Sept 27 - 30.

More information coming SOON.

Regards,
The constantinejmaroulis.com Team.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 5:39 pm

So, Austin, see you there? Yes, I will go. I had a WONDERFUL time last year.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 5:53 pm

Ummm...maybe. Our trip to NY has been called off (long story). I was planning to go to the FYE on Aug. 7 for the record release just because I thought it would be an amazing clusterf#@k and I wanted to hear him perform. And maybe give him the evil eye (j/k). And I love Jim Boggia.

We're going to New Mexico instead.

So now that that's off, maybe I will broach the subject with the DH, but not for a good month. I'd only stay one night this time and NOT bring K. She cost me a fortune last year (not all her fault). I wouldn't tell her why I was going though.

SO, maybe we will meet again Miss Abrahammy.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 8:38 pm

Sorry your NYC trip got called off but I hear New Mexico is great! I hope you have a great time! How nice that you and Abrahammy might get to meet up again! I will probably never meet you guys. Not unless you all want to come to a tiny town in Illinois! I mean who doesn't want to come here!!! Razz Clearly Clay doesn't Mad

Ah the spanking. I remember that well. Something to do with Ohio no?

Let's see, would I still love Clay if he gave me a spanking?? Um, Twisted Evil Oops, I might be thinking of a different kind of spanking Embarassed

I cannot believe Con doesn't have an ex-girlfriend in Phoenix?? I thought he had one in every state Laughing It sure seemed that way when he did those radio shows after AI.

Granted, the girls were not underage for sex, but he still should not have tried to get them into clubs for drinking. It's sooo not "a good role model" thing to do, and he does love to say he is a good role model Rolling Eyes

Cute that the fan dressed up like a bride. I'm sure it was a very exciting day for her!
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:17 pm

You know, the other week I was reading Lliz Smith's column and she brought up the idea of doing a remake of "Valley of the Dolls". The original is a great camp classic but terrible filmmaking. Anyway, Liz was saying that Anne Hathaway could play Anne Wells - the classy New England girl who becomes a top spokesmodel and Jessica Simpson could play the voluptuous blonde bombshell Jennifer North. She had Lindsay Lohan to play Neely O'Hara although she would switch the role to a rock star and not a Broadway musical star with Sharon Stone playing Helen Lawson.

Anyway, I was thinking that if somehow this ever came to fruition. wouldn't Constantine kill as Tony Polar? It would be a smallish role, but quite showy and he'd get to sing.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:22 pm

I have never seen that movie. I have heard of it. I know that Sharon Tate was in it. Would that be the Jessica role? I think Barbara Perkins from Peyton Place. Would that be the one for Anne Hathaway? Was Patty Duke in that? Now I am curious to rent it or something. Who played the part of Tony in that film?
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:33 pm

Interesting. I read the book (I was really young too), but I don't think I ever saw the movie.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:03 pm

firecracker wrote:
I have never seen that movie. I have heard of it. I know that Sharon Tate was in it. Would that be the Jessica role? I think Barbara Perkins from Peyton Place. Would that be the one for Anne Hathaway? Was Patty Duke in that? Now I am curious to rent it or something. Who played the part of Tony in that film?

First of all, just to be clear, I don't know that this is anything that's actually being discussed or if it's just Liz Smith's idea of who should be in a remake. Yes, Sharon Tate played the Jessica role and Barbara Parkins played the Anne Hathaway part. Patty played Neely O'Hara. Susan Hayward plays Helen Lawson the veteran Broadway musical star. A scene between her and Patty is probably the most famous one in the movie.

I don't remember who played Tony Polar but I believe he was a singer, not an actor. The Tony Polar character is this very sexy nightclub singer who becomes an actor and ends up marrying Jennifer the sexpot much to the consternation of his much older and seemingly overly overprotective sister who is his manager. I don't want to give away too much in case you do want to rent it.

Incidentally, if you're familiar with the gossip columnist Ted Casablanca, he got his name from one of the characters in the book/movie.

FWIW, the book is a lot better than the movie, but the movie is great campy fun. It was written by Jacqueline Susann who was quite a character in her own right. She was a failed actress who was married to a literary agent and started writing books after she got breast cancer. In fact, she was doing chemo and radiation all during the time she was writing and promoting her books. They were huge best sellers but generally ravaged by critics. But she was a tough old girl and a formidable self-promoter who didn't take any guff from anyone.

She had a son named Guy who was always described as living in Arizona because the dry air was better for his health. After she died, it was revealed that he was institutionalized due to severe autism. She said that when she got cancer for the first time, she prayed to God that he would give her just ten years to be successful at something. Interestingly enough, she did die ten years later with several popular novels to her credit.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:20 pm

Wow, that is a very interesting story. So sad about her son and that she died only 10 years after her success began. Makes me want to read the book. That's right - Parkins, not Perkins. I just remember her being so pretty. I wonder if she is still around? I think what I remember most about the movie is all the Sharon Tate drama. That was all so horrible. She was so beautiful and with child. I remember them showing scenes of her from that movie.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:58 pm

The last I heard which was about 20 years ago, she was living and working mainly in London. She was still alive as of last year but she has not worked for a few years.

BTW, you might also want to see "Isn't She Great" starring Bette Midler and Nathan Lane which is a somewhat ficitionalized version of Ms. Susann's life. One thing I do remember is that in real life Guy Mansfield her son was already about 19 or 20 years old when "Valley of the Dolls" came out but in "Isn't She Great" they show him as being about 10 or 11.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 11:15 pm

Hollywood does like to take some liberties with bio films if it makes the story a little more interesting Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 7:18 am

Some really nice comments from Rube re: Kelly. He is such a sweetheart!

Quote :
Ruben at the Aquarium

By: Rodney Ho | 2:39PM EST, July 30, 2007

American Express gave $500,000 to the Boys & Girls Club of America, which is based in Atlanta, and brought Ruben Studdard to a press event at the Georgia Aquarium. I took a few photos, including him below being interviewed by “Good Day Atlanta” co-host Suchita Vadlamani. (And make sure if you meet her to say Su-CHEE-tha, not Su-GEE-TAH as I mistakenly did.)

Studdard, a former Boys & Girls Club member who was placed in the organization’s hall of fame last year, drove in from Birmingham for this event alone because he has to be in Mississippi tomorrow for a concert.

“The Boys and Girls club asked if I could speak to the kids. It’s something that has special meaning for me. I’m a product of Boys & Girls Club. It’s cool. I get to see some beluga whales, too!”

Ruben looks good. He isn’t svelte by any means but he’s about the thinnest I’ve ever seen him. He naturally goofed around well with the kids who were at the press event. (See below)

He told me he’s thinking of doing a duet with Jordin Sparks for his fourth CD, which he plans to start working on next month once touring for his current CD is over. “I know it will be all live instrumentation but I don’t know particularly what the overall flavor will be,” he said of the fourth album. He is happy with how his CD came out but was disappointed with the sales figures.

Ruben also thought what happened to Kelly Clarkson was “whack,” that she shouldn’t have gotten slapped around for trying to convey her vision. “I think it was all blown out of proportion. I think it’s always the artist’s fault when they step out on their own and do something they want to do. I will say this: we can’t release an album without a record company. She couldn’t put it out by herself. If they didn’t like it, they shouldn’t have put it out. I love her new single. I think her new video is hot. I think everything she touches is gold.”

Ruben is planning a big man’s clothing line called Royal Structure. “I’m getting a sponsored by an apparel company I can’t name,” he said. “We’re going to the Magic [trade] show next month. We’re hoping we get it in all the Federated Stores. You know, Macy’s.”

What’s on his iPod right now? “Amy Winehouse. That’s my favorite CD right now. Jamie Cullum. Carl Thomas’ new album. Those are my three favorites right now.”
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 12:49 pm

Some more Bo news

According to this article, Bo will be part of a Southern rock tribute CD.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 2:11 pm

Cool Beans!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 3:17 pm

Constantine's Everybody Loves video -

Jamie and Hamboussi are both in it. Never thought I'd see Ham lip-synching to pop music. Bizarre.

http://top40.about.com/b/a/209263.htm
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 4:12 pm

Thanks Austin! I wish it wasn't so tiny though. He sounds good on this song. It's a sweet vid. Which one is Jamie? How is this song doing as far as sales on-line or radio play?
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 4:30 pm

I don't really know how it's doing yet. Until this week there hasn't been much promotion for it (other than on B and B). He's been doing radio interviews all week (good ones). He was on with Adam Corolla today (he's pretty well known) and Danny Bonaduce if you can believe it. He's somewhere else tomorrow (I can't remember), and he's on Whoopi Goldberg's show on Friday (I had no idea she had a radio show.) Next week he's on Good Day NY on Monday, and then on Tuesday the album drops. Wednesday morning he's on Mike and Juliet which is Fox's nationally broadcast morning show. I was going to try to get into that, but since I'm not going to NY anymore....

But, really I don't keep up with him or anything like that, no I don't, not at all.

Jamie is in the bright green dress and I think she's always next to Hamboussi in the back.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 4:39 pm

Thanks! I thought it was green dress girl. Lots of radio promo. I didn't know Whoopi had a radio show either Shocked She'll be busy because she will also be co-hosting The View!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 4:36 am

Entertainment Weekly gave him a BAD review (which I honestly thought was unfair), but C got this from Billboard:

A couple of rockers. Some pop tunes. A few ballads, something with Latin flavor and lots of heartbreak. It sounds like . . . well, an average season's repertoire for an "American Idol" finalist. And so it is with season-four candidate Constantine Mouralis' debut, a stylistic survey that slides the star of Broadway's "The Wedding Singer" into the multiformated turf of a Maroon 5 or Rob Thomas. The former, in fact, seems something of a model for the hooky "Several Thousand," while Constantine (who wrote three tracks here) has a little Ricky Martin on the brain for "Girl Like You," Bon Jovi for "Heaven Help the Lonely" and a compelling combo of the Strokes and Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" on "I Thought It Was Something." This is an indie release, so don't expect Kelly Clarkson- or Carrie Underwood-style sales, but Constantine is on the right track toward making his mark in the biz.—Gary Graff

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/content_display/reviews/albums/e3i2530f60f036b288e53c35bdacb55ea50
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 6:11 am

Can you bring the EW review for us to read? EW has been pretty tough on most of the Idols.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next