Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I was thinking Jason Castro!

Go down 
+5
Luca
Green Eyez
firecracker
Sky
abrahammy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-04-04

I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:22 am

I think if I had a medical emergency in my home I would less interested in the tour, too. Firecracker's favorite is David Cook, and he's the winner. There will be other opportunities that do not involve Rami and Kristy Lee Cook. I hope everything works out for you and your family.

I wish I were going to be sitting on the floor, but I will provide the best photos and commentary I can. It's going to be kind of Jason-centric, but I will try to give Cook fair time. (Although he's probably going to be less accessible than Jason.)
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:36 am

Oh thanks! I can't wait for your recap!

Yes, that is what I thought too - just wait for DC to have a solo tour like I did with Clay. The IT tour with Kelly was the first time I saw him. I didn't want to go to the "Ruben is your Idol" tour Razz (no offense to Ruben - he is a sweetie) And I would have had to sit through Kimberme (sorry DC) and Goat Girl, and Charles and Julia and well, I really only cared to see Clay that season Laughing

This really is a great group and you will have a blast Abrahammy! It is good you decided to go and support Jason rather than try to hurt 19. Jason will just be glowing the night of your concert since that crowd will be a big Jason crowd. It would be nice if he could do an extra song. They ought to let the kids do extra songs when they are in their home town so their fans can see more of them. That was one good thing about the season two show - all those group numbers and duets gave people more chances to see their faves.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:55 am

Abrahammy, you will have an exciting concert for sure, being in JC's home turf! I'd love to see him live!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:27 pm

Here's the latest 'date night' vBlog............his eyes are incredible!!!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=5LsNFfu7fbw
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 6:52 am

I swear he should have a sitcom! He is just so funny, even if he doesn't mean to be! Laughing As much as I like Carly, was I the only one who wished she would hush up? Suspect

Yes, he has some really amazing eyes! Not fair!! As a woman I really think God should have given ME eyelashes like that! Mad
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:30 am

I think I need those lashes more! My GS has beautiful blue eyes with the longest eyelashes too!

JC is cute and funny! Some of his facial expressions!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:11 am

A little cheesy, but oh so nice......... Laughing

I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 N9620196_37271621_4245-1
I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 N9620196_37271780_494-1
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:24 pm

I LOVE CHEESY! You know good cheese is my favoritist thing. Thanks for the pictures!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 3:47 pm

This showed up in my David Cook Google Alerts. Cute interview. You guys may have seen it already, but just in case!

http://www.indy.com/posts/9930
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 4:12 pm

A cute exerpt from a fan review in Tacoma, WA, after the show...

Quote :
The greatest thing she heard though was hearing someone ask Jason to marry her and hearing Jason say, “I'll think about it.” Then the female voice said, “Oh, this a sad day.” and Jason answered, “It's not a sad day, I didn't say, No.” This totally won my daughter over to the dreadhead way of thinking and I'll bet whoever asked him that question will tell her grandkids about it someday.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 4:19 pm

That is cute!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 6:07 pm

My love for him grows exponentially. Thanks for that story.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 12:25 pm

He is planning his official website. Look how quickly he has started planning an attractive, professionally done site. Just sayin'.

http://www.thejasoncastro.com/
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:03 pm

Class, style and professionalism. Not letting fangirls and hangers-on handle your website. What a concept.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:05 pm

A 21 year old college student with no particular show business background or training before Idol.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:15 pm

I like him. I really, really like him.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:47 pm

I really, really, really like him too!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:23 am

OK, I don't usually gush over this kid's looks. I really voted for the singing. But every once in a great while, you come across a really great picture.

I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Beautiful
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:56 pm

Every once in a while???? Laughing

Yes, this pic is a good one. His eyes are incredible! His winning smile too!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 3:14 pm

Quote :
Every once in a while????

HA! That's what *I* was thinking! This guy only takes incredible pictures.

Thanks for sharing Abrahammy. Thosde eyes are incredible.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 4:26 pm

He's really getting much more comfortable and sounding sooooo good. Here's a few remarks I found...

Quote :
“Over the Rainbow”, uploaded by lfty7: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=k_qRf4Omk_Y

This is a pretty good video of Jason, but the audio is not as strong as in other footage I have seen.

Yet, Jason is much more fluid with his phrase lines, not breathing as often and/or carrying the ends of his phrases a little longer before he breathes again.

He needs to work on supporting the lower end of this melodic line, as this is where his voice starts to fade. Also, articulating the words with increased precision would help him, as it does when he enters the higher part of his vocal range.

However, this song definitely has more vocal presence than it did earlier in the tour. His head voice is very good indeed and wonderfully centered.

And the fans are crazy nuts for this talented young singer. Good work Jason.

“Crazy”, uploaded by southerngirl1982 http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1IXL1J-yr_k

Wow - what a difference in the audio in this footage. Jason’s voice sounds excellent - really confident and rich.

He handles the upper “crazy” notes very well. That “ay” dihthong is such a stickler for all the singers, but he really trys to project the purer “eh” vowel and, wonder of wonders, it works!

This is overall a very very strong performance and it appears that he has reached an agreeable comfort level with the generally high tessitura of this song.

Excellent work Jason. Little by little your technical skills are enhancing and solidifying vocal delivery. Bravo my man!

And a snip of “Daydream”, (with commentary!) uploaded by ,marbear930 http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=i4qeN4KyvtE

This was a 42 second clip, but, you only need a bite out of the apple to know that it’s good. Jason sounds terrific - very energized and animated. He sings this number with a playful and relaxed vocal delivery - very expressive and always so much fun to watch.

Superb trio of songs. It just gets better and better for Jason, doesn’t it?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 4:29 pm

Go...........Jason....................... Very Happy

Quote :
Credit: IdolsFan4eva @ AI Tour Review Board

Biggest surprise in a good way was Jason Castro. Met him before the show. Much better looking in person and so sweet to the fans. Joking, laughing and he got so many gifts he couldn't even carry them all. I was surprised by the large number of Castro fans. It looked to me like 3-1 Castro fans to other idols. Met my fav Archie and he is just the sweetest young man.

The reason Jason was such a surprise is I did not care for him much on the show. Live he is sensational. His voice is crystal clear and he does have range and power. This was the first time the crowd went bat crazy. The screaming was deafening. I loved Jason's version of Crazy and Day Dreaming Boy was such fun. Jason was the only idol fans sang along with to Over The Rainbow. Like the poster above, I wanted Over The Rainbow to go on forever. He has a lot of charisma. Is very personal on stage comfortablly talking to the crowd. I will now definately buy his CD and I never in a million years would have thought I would say that. This kid is going to be huge.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 4:40 pm

This is what I've been saying. Straight technically good singing is definitely good to have in a...singer.

Like I've said, therer are a billion people out there with technically good voices that people like to listen to. What you need above and beyond that is charisma. That little something extra that makes people drawn to you. (I'm sure frazz would agree it's the same with actors).

Jason seems to have that something extra. He's also really good to his fans. It's nice getting behind an Idol who is doing it the right way.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 4:58 pm

Quote :

Jason seems to have that something extra. He's also really good to his fans. It's nice getting behind an Idol who is doing it the right way.

- Can play several musical instruments. Check.
- Can write songs. Check.
- Has good vocals that are rapidly and steadily improving right before our eyes and ears. Check.
- Is extremely kind and gracious with fans, to a point that is bordering on extraordinary. Check.
- Came up with the idea of the Date Night Vlog, the single best self-promotional idea in Idol history. Check.
- Popularity is actually growing and reputation is improving during course of the tour; he is a hotter commodity now than he was when he got voted off. Check.
- Focused; knows what he is best at and what professional direction he wishes to go. Not inclined to pander to do any old thing. Check.
- Has already made clear indication that he is working on carrying out his professional game plan. Check.
- Looks like that. Check.

Yes, the plan for world domination seems to be in order. Although I seem to have come across some fans who are getting quite bent out of shape by the idea of other Idols appearing in the Vlogs. I think some people are taking Date Night too seriously and they want "private time" with "their man."

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 5:54 pm

Quote :
Although I seem to have come across some fans who are getting quite bent out of shape by the idea of other Idols appearing in the Vlogs. I think some people are taking Date Night too seriously and they want "private time" with "their man.
Oy. When fandom leads to obsession, it makes for some very craaaaaaaazy-ass fans. I've seen that happen. It's not pretty. At least this one isn't sleeping with them.

It is wonderful that he actually has A PLAN. What a novel idea. Everyone called him stupid and a wastoid and here he is on a course for world domination. I love when people underestimate someone. It makes their success that much sweeter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I was thinking Jason Castro!
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next